It's been snowing like crazy for the past two days...I'm staying safely in my apartment because I am quite sure that Jesh and Derek will do everything in their power to make a "Piggy Snowman" (essentially their words) out of me - and synonymously, this day has turned into one continuous snacking event. Fresh oatmeal muffins, fruit, strawberry-mango juice, strawberry cheesecake (yes in the morning) (but just one bite), a great tuna and pasta and onion and broccoli concoction for lunch...continuous grazing on things left around my apartment until now....reminds me of that ridiculous and outrageous night of feasting i had with pregNANCY way back in October (legendary! I still dream of it!)....we ditched studying to go watch my big fat greek wedding at masonville, and then decided that we really deserved a feast of great proportions. the stats: two pounds of mussels, a lemon and dill cream sauce cut with half a bottle of white wine, salmon pinwheels stuffed with crab or whatever, i think we had veggies...smoked salmon mousse and herb goat cheese with crackers and grapes...and more wine....WE STEAMED OUR OWN MUSSELS!!! and flirted to no end with the seafood guy who gave us fresh fresh fresh salmon...(Jesh still makes me feel guilty to this day about not inviting him to our estrogenic party of gourmet food)...this kind of reminds me of the time me and Krista Terminalis ditched working out (notice a trend here?) to go have sushi at the galleria, the whole point of the trip downtown being to get more of that pumpkin ice cream they have at Covent Market Garden...I complain and complain because living in London is like living in...Concord Ontario - but the one redeeming feature must be their pumpkin ice cream. kinda reminds me of the time when i was telling peunice about this pumpkin ice cream, and basically this place will make any flavor ice cream as long as you buy four buckets of it. Peunice theorized that if she put her pumpkin pie in the freezer, she'd have pumpkin ice cream...following the logic we came up with: cold = ice cream ---> cold meat + meat cream (all that university and higher degrees and this is what we come up with).
i'm so mad at myself! i decidedly stayed away from Weldon library today because now I fall asleep all the time in periodicals A(sian), and I didn't feel like going to my new study spot, the only starbucks within a 5K radius, the one inside Weldon (Toronto kids read: HELP ME!). In the last two days, I've sat inside that Starbucks for....17 hours! (All kids read: pathetic!) - but at least I had two precious americanos....yummm....it's kinda fun sitting in there cause (well practically, I need a steady stream of noise in order to concentrate) everyone eventually comes along and it's like a surprise everytime...pregNANCY and porage (and all the ACF kids that porage knows), Jesh and Zee, BadGirlBah...I figure eventually I should see all the people I know who attend UWO - but not yet...
i got into contact with navin a few days ago, he saw erin - a lot of high school kids and trin kids out there...i just need to open my (SIGH!) korean eyes...
can't wait till finals are over...so i can go back to toronto and play with rolo and bash and reese witherspoon and kath and peunice...and perhaps the P. will be on our list of to-do's....(Audrey stop talking to Dartan!). and see my mommy who calls me nearly everyday with the same characteristic greeting ("MEOW MEOW!!! YAAAAAAAA! EEELLLLLLLLL!!! ARE YOU ALIVE???? WE ARE EATING PANCAKES AND FRESH SQUEEZED JUICE!!!)....

<< Home